Compiled by RADC Members - Tracy Wise and Jeff Poggi
Welcome to this week’s Call to Action, where you can find some of the latest events and news to help you take part in the issues that matter to our communities. This week, enjoy a chance to relax and hang out with fellow members of the #RedlandsDems and an opportunity to catch up on what is going on in Redlands with building and water projects. Stay cool, everyone: August is on its way!
If you have a call to action that you would like us to highlight, email us at: communication[email protected]
For Wednesday, July 27, 2022
1. Get Social with the #RedlandsDems!
Join the #RedlandsDems for a social evening at the Bowl!
Tuesday, August 2, 2022
Meet at the west side of the Bowl (Grant Street side) by the bench.
**Bring your dinner, snacks, drinks, chairs, blankets, and anything else to make yourself comfortable during the live concert: Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Bluegrass Band!**
2. It’s Time to Get Updated on the Latest Happenings in the City of Redlands!
1. The Environmental Impact Report for the Transit Villages Specific Plan is available for viewing online:
- Go to https://www.cityofredlands.org/post/environmental-documents
- Click on the tab at the top for Environmental Documents for Public Review
- Scroll down to “Notice of Availability (NOA) for a Draft Environmental Impact Report prepared for the proposed ‘Transit Villages Specific Plan’ project.”
And, via the Redlands Community News:
2. The latest news on the Redlands Mall Project:
3. The latest news on the University Village (University of Redlands) Project:
4. The latest news on a new wastewater treatment plant which will refill our groundwater stores:
with a warning on water in our region:
5. And, the latest news on the construction going on in Redlands: https://www.redlandscommunitynews.com/news/government/construction-in-progress-around-redlands/article_e38b69a6-091f-11ed-a2ad-63aef032d17d.html
STICK A PIN IN THIS
- Support Organizations Working to End Gun Violence in the U.S.
- Moms Demand Action: https://momsdemandaction.org/
- Brady United Against Gun Violence: https://www.bradyunited.org/
- Everytown for Gun Safety: https://www.everytown.org/Act
- Sandy Hook Promise: https://www.sandyhookpromise.org/
- Giffords: https://giffords.org/
- Support Organizations Assisting Women with Access to Abortion Services
- “The National Network of Abortion Funds builds power with members to remove financial and logistical barriers to abortion access by centering people who have abortions and organizing at the intersections of racial, economic, and reproductive justice.” https://abortionfunds.org
- “On June 24, 2022, the Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade shocked the nation. Here you can find resources for learning more about what it all means and how to engage.” https://nwlc.org/resource/resource-hub-the-supreme-court-and-roe-v-wade/
- Two organizations which help women with things like funding, travel, and childcare while seeking an abortion:
- Whole Woman’s Health Wayfinder program, “built specifically to help people find their way from a state where they are denied an abortion to a state where they can get that abortion.” https://www.wholewomanshealth.com/abortion-wayfinder/
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund: https://www.plannedparenthoodaction.org
- NARAL: https://www.prochoiceamerica.org/fight-back-for-our-freedom/
- The January 6th Committee is holding its July public hearings. Hearings will resume in the fall, though the committee continues to release additional details. Check C-SPAN or PBS for recordings of past hearings, as well as the J6 site itself: https://january6th.house.gov/
- Advocating for a vibrant downtown Redlands with a re-use of the site of the current derelict Redlands Mall: The Planning Commission and the City Council held a joint meeting on Tuesday, May 10, 2022. Lasting over 5 hours, the result was a unanimous vote by the City Council in favor of the developers’ design for the Redlands Mall project. This is an important step forward in building a sustainable and resilient downtown Redlands for the future.
The City Council is also continuing to work on the University of Redlands project.
- Learn about the City Council Candidate Running in the New District 3: Mario Saucedo
Go to https://mariosaucedo.com/ to learn more about this native Redlander and community activist and the issues he is prioritizing in his campaign. We will be sharing future events for Redlands Dems to attend!
- Learn about the City Council Re-election Campaign for Denise Davis in District 1:
https://www.deniseforredlands.com/ for more information.
- Learn about House of Representatives Seat CA-23 Candidate Derek Marshall:
https://www.derekmarshallca.com/ for more information.
Do you like this page?