Compiled by RADC Members - Tracy Wise, Jeff Poggi and Israel Igualate
Welcome to this week’s Call to Action, where you can find some of the latest events and news to help you take part on the issues that matter to our communities. If you have a call to action that you would like us to highlight, email us at: [email protected]
For Wednesday, February 23, 2022
1. DOWN TO THE WIRE: Redlands Re-Districting--Promoting Neighborhoods and Equity
Between now and the 3/1/22 6PM meeting, email all members of the City Council using the link on the website:
and tell them which map you want.
RADC recommends Public Map 1; however, 1b and 102c are two alternatives if individuals prefer them. The current map should not remain our district map for the next 10 years.
Do not submit a public comment prior to the March 1st meeting—instead, fill out the request to speak form and submit it before the meeting, indicating which agenda item you want to speak on. You can then speak via Zoom or in-person. And be ready to raise your hand or type a message in chat if the City Clerk forgets you submitted it: https://www.cityofredlands.org/public-speaker-form
2. Voter Registration Drives!
Sign up for our voter registration drive on Tuesday March 8 at 10:30AM at Crafton Hills College in Yucaipa.
Sign up here
3. Let’s Flip CD23: Vote Out Jay Obernolte and Vote In a Democrat!
Sign up for phone banking and other opportunities for candidate Derek Marshall. CD-23 now includes part of Redlands all the way to Loma Linda.
Volunteer on the Derek Marshall for Congress campaign and let’s flip this district (hint: it’s do-able):
And with that we want to remind you to submit your event or call to action for consideration to: [email protected] -- Have a great rest of the week!
STICK A PIN IN THIS
- Redlands City Redistricting: Our Congressional maps have been set, but the City of Redlands is just beginning its process of reviewing and potentially re-drawing the City’s five districts. Between now and April, the City Council will look at submitted maps and will make a final decision. We need to urge the City Council to select a map which brings equity to the resident of Redlands.
Upcoming City of Redlands public meetings are scheduled:
- March 1, 2022 (6:00pm, City Hall)
- April 17, 2022 – adoption of the final maps
More detail on the specific agendas for each meeting can be found at: https://drawredlands.org/schedule/
- The Rittenhouse trial demonstrated to us that judicial elections are incredibly important. Let us pledge together to become better informed prior to the next election where judges are on the ballot to ensure that we are electing qualified, non-partisan members of the bench to serve the judiciary in our region. #NoRittenhouseJudgesHere
- Laws taking effect in California in 2022:
- The Los Angeles Times has a recent story on 43 of the new laws and how they may impact us. You can find the story here: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-12-30/new-2022-california-laws-covid-19-housing-policing
Do you like this page?