Compiled by RADC Members - Tracy Wise, Jeff Poggi and Israel Igualate
Welcome to this week’s Call to Action, where you can find some of the latest events and news to help you take part on the issues that matter to our communities. If you have a call to action that you would like us to highlight, email us at: [email protected]
For Wednesday, April 6, 2022
1. More Opportunities to Register Democrat Voters with Field Team 6!
They have some new initiatives to assist with voter registration, including Voter Drive in a Box. Check out their actions page here: https://www.fieldteam6.org/actions
Let’s keep working to flip the IE from reddish-purple to blue—we can do this!
2. New Podcast from the Project on Government Oversight!
Walter Shaub, the former director of the United States Office of Government Ethics (he served from 2013-2017), has a new 5-part podcast coming “that takes a look into our democracy and how to fix it.” The trailer is available now. Links to access it are below.
If you are on Twitter, here are the two accounts to check out to learn more about this project: @waltshaub and @page88.
3. Upcoming Election Alert for California Senator Alex Padilla (D)
“I am on the ballot twice this year running for a full term in the US Senate, and in a special election to finish the term previously held by Vice President Harris. Don't be confused when you see my name listed two times, it means that I will work twice as hard to earn your vote!”
While he is California’s junior senator, he is speaking up and speaking out.
And with that we want to remind you to submit your event or call to action for consideration to: [email protected] -- Have a great rest of the week!
STICK A PIN IN THIS
- The midterms are on their way! Early voting begins on May 9th and runs through June 6th for the June 7, 2022, primary. For RADC endorsements and information about the candidates to volunteer for, go to: https://www.redlandsareademocrats.org/endorsements
- Redlands City Redistricting: Our Congressional maps have been set, and the City Council voted unanimously on March 1st to select Public Map One. The final vote came through the March 15th consent calendar. This is the map RADC advocated for, as the best map to recognize neighborhoods and promote equity while being well within the numerical requirements. This will be our new Redlands district map for the next 10 years. Thank you, everyone, for your efforts in preparing, submitting, and advocating for this map!
- The Rittenhouse trial demonstrated that judicial elections are incredibly important. Let us pledge together to become better informed prior to the next election where judges are on the ballot to ensure that we are electing qualified, non-partisan members of the bench to serve the judiciary in our region. #NoRittenhouseJudgesHere
- Laws taking effect in California in 2022:
- The Los Angeles Times has a recent story on 43 of the new laws and how they may impact us. You can find the story here: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-12-30/new-2022-california-laws-covid-19-housing-policing
Do you like this page?